Use three simple steps to start translating your content:
- Choose which nodes to translate.
- Complete the translation.
- Download the translated nodes into your Drupal site.
Choose Which Nodes to Translate
- Access the list of translatable nodes.
From the Drupal admin menu, select Translation > Manage > Nodes.
- Choose which nodes should be translated. Start by uploading all the nodes you wish to translate to the Translator Workbench.
To upload a single node, click the Source Uploaded checkbox next to the title of the node.
Tip: To upload many nodes at once, click the check box at the upper left of the page.
(This will select all nodes displayed on the page). Then from the Actions menu, scroll to select Upload source for translation.
Tip: If you would like to upload all nodes on all pages, you can click the Upload icon at the top of the page.
Caution – this action is irreversible, and will upload all translatable nodes – including the ones that were designated for manual upload.
- Start Translating.
Once the node is uploaded, a red language icon will appear next to its title.
Click the language icon to open the node in the translator workbench.
Tip: You must add a language before it will be available as a translation icon.
- Complete the translation in the Translator Workbench.
In the Translator Workbench, enter and save the translation for each segment.
- Download the translation to your Drupal site.
Once the node is translated, it can be downloaded to your website – manually or automatically (depending on your settings).
Instructions will follow.